This one came along as a sort of challenge. I asked the design team to come up with some “widget” ideas for me to build. Someone had seen a content revealer built in Flash (think proprietary show/hide layer), so I spent the day putting this together.
As I was sketching it out there were a ton of questions about how it should work. Instead of making any usage assumptions, I chose a basic default with multiple options that define visual attributes and functionality. Normally this isn’t my approach (I prefer purpose-built solutions), but given my original request I felt it was warranted for this exercise.
We ended up using a version of this on a corporate site as a reveal layer, so the small impulse project ended up paying off in the end.